Sold Out! “Connecting, educating and empowering women to take better care of their woods.” sponsored by the NJ Conservation Foundation.
Join us for a workshop for women landowners interested in learning more about why and how to take care of their forests. Topics will address forest health, best management practices, financial benefits of protecting the forest, including forestry stewardship plans and stewardship assistance programs. Learn about native woodland plants, holistic restoration, butterflies and insects, alternate treatment for invasive plants, practical applications and more. This women-only workshop will be held at private property with 142 acres of land in Hardwick NJ and begins at 8 am.
Some speakers and topics will be:
• "Organic Strategies for Management of Invasives" Rachel DeFlumieri, Horticulturalist and Arborist
• "Sharing Costs: Stewardship Assistance Opportunities" Kara Hasko, NRCS
• "Adventures of a Land Steward: A Personal Tale of Property Stewardship" Christine Hepburn, Ph.D., Trustee, RVC
• "Farmland Assessment on Woodlands - A Guide to Management Alternatives for NJ Forest Landowners" Lori Jensen, Executive Director, NJ Forestry Association
• "Restoring the Forest Understory with Edible and Medicinal Native Plants" Rachel Mackow, Partner, Wild Ridge Plants
• "Legal and Financial Opportunities" Liz Marshall, Esq., Trustee, RVC
• "Managing Your forest in the Face of a Changing Climate" Leslie Sauer, Author, “The Once and Future Forest: A Guide To Forest Restoration Strategies”
• "Your Connection with Your Woods" Susi Tilley, Executive Director, RVC
• "What is a Healthy Forest? Stewardship and Restoration for Biodiversity" Sara Webb, Professor Emeritus, Biology and Environmental Science, Drew University / Former Director, Drew Forest Preserve
• "Wonderful Things That Live in Your Woods" Sharon Wander, Trustee, RVC / Partner, Wander Ecological Consultants
Some outdoor exploration will be included, please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
Registration is $35 and includes full day of programming, continental breakfast and luncheon. Sign up here.