Historical park. The public may access the river here for fishing or to launch small watercraft such as canoes or kayaks. Special events held throughout the year, including the Concert in the Barn Series in the Summer, and Christmas in the Country in December.
From the Homestead's website: "These twelve wooded acres along the Delaware River, just south of the Delaware Water Gap, are leased by the Township of Knowlton from the State of New Jersey Green Acres program. The public may access the river here for fishing or to launch small watercraft such as canoes or kayaks. The property and the structures on it are the remains of a fifty-acre tract settled in 1795 by Irish immigrants James and Adam Ramsay in what was then New Jersey’s northwestern frontier. An earlier tavern continued by the Ramsays, a store established by them and eventually a post office, a lumberyard, a sawmill, a storehouse, a blacksmith shop, tenant houses and other buildings, either built or acquired by the Ramsays, comprised the principal elements of the homestead and hamlet bearing the Ramsay name. The buildings that you see here—a tavern, barn, cottage, smokehouse and shed—were built from 1800 to 1870, and represent the activity that occurred at the homestead during its heyday."